I record from my studio in London, and have been able to work with clients from all around the world. My studio is fully kitted out for the highest quality recordings. I record for Film/TV, adverts, games, songwriters/artists, composers, library music and more!
As well as recording trumpet parts, I write, arrange or orchestrate for clients too – so you can have as much or as little control over what comes out as you need.
As well as the humble Bb trumpet, there are so many interesting colours that can be made. Add flugelhorn for warmth, piccolo trumpet for brightness, cornet for sweetness or even a bugle for authenticity. And with every type of trumpet mute under the sun, the possibilities are endless.
The Whole Band
We're not even limited to just trumpets! With the whole London music scene on my doorstep, I can bring in players for every instrument to do the whole thing in-house. Not only is this quicker and simpler, it also guarantees an matched, in-tune final product.
The workflow is simple. Here's what you can expect:
- Every project starts with a discussion of what you need and how I can bring that to life.
- I then get to work and record some or all of the music, and send you an mp3 for revision.
- Any necessary changes are made, and you get full quality .wav or .aiff files of the finished product.
- The process usually takes between 24-72 hours for most projects.
My home recording studio is fully equipped and acoustically treated to allow for a variety of creative miking techniques.
- Microphones: Coles 4038 Ribbon, Aston Spirit, SE Electronics SE2200A MkII, Shure SM58, Røde NT-SF1
- Audio interfaces: Universal Audio Apollo X4, Focusrite Scarlett 3rd Gen, Zoom F6
- DAW: Logic Pro X